Re: More on hylafax

  WH> At the end of the faxaddmodem program I get:  Don't forget to run
  WH> faxmodem(1M) (if you have a send-only environment) or configure init to
  WH> run faxgetty on ttyS0.

  WH> What is faxmodem for? do I have to run it each time I restart the fax
  WH> servers?

You should run faxgetty from init. This is the intended/recommended mode of
operation.

  WH> I tried to send a ps file to the fax server, and this is what I get:
  WH> ; sendfax -d 8748007 factuur.ps request id is 1 (group id 1) for host
  WH> localhost (1 file) ; faxq zsh: exit 255 faxq ; faxstat HylaFAX scheduler
  WH> on duckman: Running

  WH> And that's all :( So it seems as if the fax server's running ok,
  WH> receiving the ps file ok.  But the file never ends up in faxq...

It does end up in the fax queue, as 'faxstat -s' would show you. To get it
sent, you need to configure HylaFAX for outbound service. That means doing a
faxaddmodem and running faxgetty from init.

  WH> When trying to fax a plain text file, I get complaints about the default
  WH> font not being found.

  WH> Any ideas?

You don't have the AFM fonts installed. Install them.

-Darren

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions