Re: MultiTECH 2834ZDX modems; send errors

"Neal E. Breakfield" wrote:

Hi Neal,

we are using Multitech Modems too, but do not have such problems,
we are running about 15 MT1432 with Firmware 1.16b and a few ZDX,
I don't actually know the firmware number.

I will attach you my config file for these modems, maybe you find
something
differing ftom yours.

/Matthias

--
HAGOS eG                 phone: +49 711 7880592
Matthias Reich             fax: +49 711 7880599
Industriestr. 62           web: http://www.hagos.de
D-70565 Stuttgart         mail: rei@hagos.de
Germany
Be careful your mail is read by the NSA too !!
# $Id: class2,v 1.23 1996/06/24 02:58:32 sam Rel $
#
# HylaFAX Facsimile Software
#
# Copyright (c) 1990-1996 Sam Leffler
# Copyright (c) 1991-1996 Silicon Graphics, Inc.
# HylaFAX is a trademark of Silicon Graphics, Inc.
#
# Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and
# its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided
# that (i) the above copyright notices and this permission notice appear in
# all copies of the software and related documentation, and (ii) the names of
# Sam Leffler and Silicon Graphics may not be used in any advertising or
# publicity relating to the software without the specific, prior written
# permission of Sam Leffler and Silicon Graphics.
#
# THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS-IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
# EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY
# WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
#
# IN NO EVENT SHALL SAM LEFFLER OR SILICON GRAPHICS BE LIABLE FOR
# ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND,
# OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS,
# WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE, AND ON ANY THEORY OF
# LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE
# OF THIS SOFTWARE.
#

#
# Generic Class 2 modem configuration.
#
# EDIT THIS CONFIGURATION TO REFLECT YOUR SETUP
#
CountryCode:		49
AreaCode:		711
FAXNumber:		+49.711.7880549
LongDistancePrefix:	0
InternationalPrefix:	00
DialStringRules:	etc/dialrules
ServerTracing:		0x00040
SessionTracing:		0
RecvFileMode:		0600
LogFileMode:		0600
DeviceMode:		0600
RingsBeforeAnswer:	0
SpeakerVolume:		off
GettyArgs:		"-h %l dx_%s"
LocalIdentifier:	"HAGOS eG Stuttgart"
TagLineFont:		etc/lutRS18.pcf
TagLineFormat:		"   Von %%l|%c|Seite %%p von %%t"
QualifyTSI:		etc/tsi
PercentGoodLines:	90
MaxConsecutiveBadLines:	10
MaxRecvPages:		25
#
# Modem-related stuff: should reflect modem command interface
# and hardware connection/cabling (e.g. flow control).
#
ModemType:		Class2		# use class 2 interface
ModemRate:		38400		# lock rate for DCE-DTE communication
ModemFlowControl:	rtscts		# default
#
ModemResetCmds:		AT&FX3
ModemHardFlowCmd:	AT&E4		# hardware flow control
ModemSoftFlowCmd:	AT&E5		# software flow control
ModemSetupDTRCmd:	AT&D3		# setup so DTR drop resets modem
ModemSetupDCDCmd:	AT&C1		# setup so DCD reflects carrier (or not)
ModemSetupAACmd:	AT+FAA=1	# enable adaptive-answer in class 2
#
# NB: some models get confused by the @
#
ModemDialCmd:		ATDT0,%s
#
Class2RecvDataTrigger:	"\022"		# character sent to modem to start recv
#
# $Id: mt-1432,v 1.23 1996/06/24 02:58:36 sam Rel $
#
[...]

# Configuration for a Multi-Tech MT1432, MT224BA, and MT1932ZDX modems.
#
# MT1432	firmware rev 0307 I or newer
# MT132BG	rev 0109A
# MT1932ZDX	rev 0109H
#
# Note that MT1432 modems come in several varieties:
#
# MT1432BA	uses Rockwell data pump
# MT1432BA/A	uses AT&T data pump
# MT1432BG	MT1432BA tweaked for German FCC
# MT1432MK	(for UK?)
#
# The modem has been tried with both XON/XOFF and RTS/CTS flow
# control; this configuration is for hardware flow control.
#
#
CountryCode:		49
AreaCode:		0711
FAXNumber:		+49.711.7880549
LongDistancePrefix:	0
InternationalPrefix:	00
DialStringRules:	"etc/dialrules"
ServerTracing:		0
SessionTracing:		0
RecvFileMode:		0600
LogFileMode:		0600
DeviceMode:		0600
RingsBeforeAnswer:	3
SpeakerVolume:		off
GettyArgs:		"-h %l dx_%s"
LocalIdentifier:	"HAGOS eG Stuttgart"
TagLineFont:		etc/lutRS18.pcf
TagLineFormat:		"   Von %%n %%l|%c|Seite %%p von %%t"
[...]

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions