Re: tiff to text

On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 07:07:38PM +0100, Carsten Guenther wrote:
>Bill Campbell schrieb:
>> You probably need an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) program.  We
>> use OCRSHOP from Vividata on Caldera OpenLinux, but it's not cheap.
>
>are you satisfied with it ? what precisely are you doing with this
>ocr-soft "eating" tiff´s ?

We use Vividata's OCRSHOP and SCANSHOP programs, and have had very
good results with them (other than occassional problems with their
flexlm license manager).  I haven't heard anything from them in a
while in response to a licensing question, and it's been a couple of
months since we installed anything new because we've been working on
some other projects.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill@Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Systems, Inc.

``Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.''
    Will Rogers

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions