Re: halyfax, certain fax machines, several modems and transmission errors

"Bernd Proissl" <news@proissl.de> writes:

[...]

> The symptoms with some fax machines are the well known page retransmissions
> after e.g. retrain negative.
>
> i tested rstcts and xonxoff with all of the above modems.
> Maybe one of the config files was wrong, but i did not find any errors
> related to
> the configuration of flow control.

I am afraid the bug is in Hylafax itself, but still haven't know where...

> the problems can be reproduced with at least one fax machine.
>
> is anybody out there who wants to help me in diagnosing (and solving?) these
> problems?

Yes, I have similar problems with Zyxel 1496 in Class 2.0 mode. I also will made
some effort to investigate them. First, if Hylafax gets "ERROR" from modem in
Class 2.0 mode, it always interprets it as RTN. This is not quite correct:
DTE shoud issue AT+FPS? command to see what's happened according to the following
table:

Value  T.30  Result  Description
       label Code
--------------------------------
1      MCF   OK       Page good.
2      RTN   ERROR    Page bad; retrain requested.
3      RTP   OK       Page good; retrain requested.
4      PIP   OK       Page good; remote request for procedure interrupt accepted.
5      PIN   ERROR    Page bad; retrain requested; remote request for
                      procedure interrupt accepted.

I will made a patch to process that.

Second, I am going to install a Class 2.0 commercial fax application
(Delrina Winfax?) for a test drive and see if it fails with the identically
configured  modem and the same destination fax machine.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Dmitry

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions