From: Johann Sijpkes [mailto:jsijpkes@abl.nl]
Sent: Wednesday, 1 March 2000 18:26
To: flexfax@sgi.com
Subject: flexfax: Newbie: Some faxes are partial, please help

Hello everybody,

This question was already in the archive, however i did not find an
answer. Some of my faxes are received partially: Only the top most
8 cm appear in the TIF/F. I've monitored the faxing: From a
standalone faxmachine to the faxserver. Transmission goes without
a problem: After the first 8 cm, the faxing continues without errors
on both sides, still only the first 8 cm is in the TIF/F. This does not
occur when faxing from another fax-modem.
I'm running Hylafax 4 on SuSE Linux 6.3 and a Tornado/Alliance
Rockwell chipped external modem Class 2 fax.
I have a gut-feeling that it has to do with the connection baudrate:
the 8 cm chops were connected on 9600 bps, the fax-modem
transmitted on 14400.

Thanks in advance!

Johann Sijpkes
With kind regards,

Johann Sijpkes,
Manager IT

ABL BV
Analytisch Biochemisch Laboratorium
W.A. Scholtenstraat 7
Postbus 232
9400 AE ASSEN
The Netherlands
Tel:0031 592344211
Fax:0031 592344425

This email and any files transmitted with it from Motherwell
Information Systems may contain information which is
privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure.
If it is not addressed to you, please immediately contact
postmaster@motherwell.co.nz and do not use, disclose,
copy, distribute or retain any of it without our authority.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has
been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of
computer viruses.