Re: modem (2.0): canīt receive from Class1-machines

Ekkard Gerlach <SPS_Gerlach@online.de> writes:

> > > Has somebody an idea where I can search ?
> >
> > Invoke minicom and initialize the modem with
> > AT+FCLASS=2.0;+FAA=1
> >
> > When an incoming call (from your 6-years old fax machine) will arrive, the
> > modem will print RING message. Issue ATA and see how the modem reports the
> > type of connection. If it prints +FDM, you have no way around -- the bug is
> > firmware-related.
>
> I did it:
>
> ----------
> atz
> OK
> AT+FCLASS=2.0;+FAA=1
> OK
>
> RING
> ata
> +FDM
> -----------  I got  +FDM .   :-((((
>

> Can you tell me what FDM and FCO mean ? Web-link ?

Try this:

http://www.zyxel.ru/public/misc/standards/class1.zip (class 1.0 draft)
http://www.zyxel.ru/public/misc/standards/class2.zip (class 2.0 draft)
http://www.zyxel.ru/public/misc/standards/faxspecs.zip (T.30 specs draft)

> thank you for your help
>
> I think I will public my config.modem with this
> firmware feature. Arowana-modem is not perfectly
> configurable with data- and fax-recognition
> simultaneously.
>
> bye
> Ekkard
>

> BTW:
>
> atz
> OK
> AT+FCLASS=2.0;+FAA=0
> OK
>
> RING
> ata
> +FCO

Yes, the modem immediately answers as a fax.

> OK
>
> -----------
>
> atz
> OK
> AT+FCLASS=1;+FAA=0
> OK
>
> RING
> ata
> CONNECT

The same -- immediately answers as a fax. BTW, most modems cannot detect
type of the call in Class 1 mode, and so +FAA=0 is probably useless here
(consult your modem's manual).

> ------------
>
> atz
> OK
> AT+FCLASS=1;+FAA=1
> OK
>
> RING
> ata
> NO CARRIER

Hmm, it seems that DCE just not detected a carrier and it is not related to
+FAA=1.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Dmitry

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions