Re: freebsd 3.4

ivan sharov:
>Anybody worked with hylafax on freebsd v 3.4 ?

I would wonder if not. :-)

>I am install hylafax v4.0pl2 on my freebsd 3.4-release system, without
>any problem, but i cannot receive any fax.
>I am use zyxel 1496S with zyxel-1496-2.0 configuration file.
>[..skip..]
>After first page, sending site allways aborting with error message, but
>at my server i see
>>ps ax | grep faxgetty
>  250  ??  R    651:47.95 /usr/local/sbin/faxgetty cuaa0
>               ^^^
>My faxgetty, after remote site disconect,  continue running while i
>don't kill it.

A similar thing that you might possibly observe is that a faxq hangs
and eats 100% CPU as well when you send off a fax with a cover page.
There have been reports on this issue on the mailing list during the
last months as well.

I fiddled with these two cases a couple of days ago. The solution for
both was to compile hylafax using TIFF v3.4. There definitely is a
subtle incompatibility between TIFF 3.4 and the 3.5.4 (or maybe also
3.5.3) version from /usr/ports/graphics/tiff which makes faxgetty and
faxq (and probably also other hylafax programs which call libtiff) loop.

The interesting thing you will probably observe is that the TIFF file
that faxgetty is receiving in rcvq is exactly 8 bytes long. Then it is
stuck. It appears to me that the TIFF libraries are looping; a ktrace of
the faxgetty in question might provide details.

Now: how do you get a decent v3.4 libtiff using standard FreeBSD ports
procedures? Unfortunately /usr/ports/graphics/tiff34 does not longer
exist. I happen to have recovered the latest state of this directory
from the CVS deltas. This uuencoded and gziped tar archive is 6 kB - too
large to attach (and also FreeBSD-specific), but I will happily send
this to everybody who wants it. (Ivan, mail to you is underway already.)

Helge

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions