Dialrules for a local call

    Well, due to the nightmare that is our US phone system, we have rather a
tough deciding whether a call is long-distance or not via dialrules.  For
example, I am the 425 area code.  Most numbers in the 425 area code are local,
but not all.  Most numbers in the 206 area code are local, but many are not.  I
have to look at both the area code and number prefix to see if a number is local
or not.

    This is rather a nightmare to code into dialrules.  I have to do something
like this:

DialString := [
[-${WS}.]+    =     ! strip syntactic sugar
[abcABC]    = 2     ! these convert alpha to numbers
[defDEF]    = 3
[ghiGHI]    = 4
[jklJKL]    = 5
[mnoMNO]    = 6
[prsPRS]    = 7
[tuvTUV]    = 8
[wxyWXY]    = 9
^${AreaCode}224 = 224      ! strip the area code from "local" numbers
^${AreaCode}225 = 225
^${AreaCode}227 = 227
^${AreaCode}231 = 231
.
.
^[0-9]{10}   = ${LDPrefix}&   ! put a LD prefix on LD numbers
^${LDPrefix}206224 = 206224   ! Strip the LD prefix for deceivingly "local"
numbers
.
.
^[+]      = ${IDPrefix}   ! international call
]

    So I have a few questions:
1) Is there a better way?  This seems so inefficient to me.
2) Does anyone have a rules file for Seattle/Eastside 425 area code I
   could borrow? =)
3) Does anyone know of a place to get a listing of which area codes and
   prefixes are local to a specific area-code/prefix combo?  And if it's
   updated very often?

devnull@ad1440.net          S/W Developer       http://www.ad1440.net/~devnull
        Linux Viruscan:  Windows 95/98/NT Found Remove it ? (Y/y)
GCS/IT@ d? s+:++>: a29 C++++$ ULS++++$ P++ L++>+++ E W+++ N+ o? K- w O- M- V--
PS+ PE Y+ PGP+ t+@ 5++ X+ R++ tv--@ b+++ DI++ D G e++ h----@(++) r+++() y++++*
                  (http://www.ebb.org/ungeek to decode)