Re: faxrcvd script does not work

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Alan Sparks wrote:

> Linking outside the spool may not work... I think you're chrooted to the
> spool (someone correct me if I'm wrong)...

Ok. I didn't changed default setup, so I assume it is chrooted to
the /var/spool/fax. Now, what should I do? Is there a way to chroot to
real root directory? Then I can do what I want I guess.

I mkdir /var/spool/fax/ftp directory and wanted to copy only received
faxes into that directory, but can not run this cp command (although I
copied 'cp' tp /var/spool/fax/bin/.

I'm really tired, working about a week only for that. Is there a good
doc(s) that explains faxrcvd script? (I read man and it didn't help me
much.)

> If that's not it, check your paths to executables -- running by hand, you
> inherit your shell's PATH, which you wouldn't if HylaFAX is running the
> script.

If I run script by hand, It exactly works. I don't understand the working
style of faxrcvd script.

Thanks for the reply, and thanks to everybody.

--Ertan

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions