Re: Aagh!

Hello,
<snip>
>    Let's take a look, shall we? Remember that the sendfax command
> is sensitive to the order of commands.
<snip>
	Well son-of-a-gun!  Look what I found in the man page.

"The  order  of options on the command line is significant."
	Is significant?  How about pretty doggone important.  "IMPORTANT!  Blah
blah blah" is more like it.  Fortunately, the order is explained,
but not to humans:
	"Each fax to be transmitted is assigned the current value
         of parameters specified on the command line; e.g. whether
        or not to generate a cover page.  This means that  options
        that specify parameters for a particular destination must
        precede the dialstring specified with the -d option.  For example,

              sendfax -n -d 5551212 /etc/passwd

       submits a fax to 5551212 that has no cover page while

              sendfax -d 5551212 -n /etc/passwd

       submits  the same fax but with the default cover page han­
       dling.  Note also that parameter values persist across  -d
       options so the following

              sendfax -n -d 5551212 -d 5551313 /etc/network  "

	Well that certainly clears things up!  Who writes this stuff?  Somebody
who sells alkeseltzer, because I need some after trying to figure this
stuff out.

George

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions