My original posting is below.

Nico Kadel-Garcia came to my rescue immediately and advised that the
problem was probably in my script.     To clean up the mess I had created,
he advised me to go in by hand to the $SPOOLDIR/doneq and $SPOOLDIR/docq
directories and rip out the files there.  I did this.  As I recall, I also
ended up deleting files from sendq before I finally got things normal again.

He was right that the problem was in my script.  The files were being ftp'd
from a non-Linux box not running hylafax to a directory on my Linux fax
server.  However, the script on the other end did not recognize that the
files had not been delivered and kept resending them.    The script on the
Linux fax server then kept running sendfax on each file which it found in
this directory.

I corrected the logic on the non-Linux box to recognize when a file had
been delivered, and added some logic on the Linux server to not sendfax a
file which had been previously received.  Through subsequent testing, I
learned that the status "Blocked by concurrent job" means that another job
is going to the same phone number (my duplicates).

My system is a Dell 600 mhz workstation PIII with 256MB RAM.  My root
directory, which holds the /var/spool/fax directory, had 3GB of free space,
and the directory where I was receiving the incoming files, /usr/fax, had 6
GB free.  The problem did not appear to be a disk limitation.  Since my fax
software appeared to hang at about 240 JIDS, I assume it is a memory
limitation at this point.

One thing I would like to see in future Hylafax releases is a faster way to
clean up the server when idiots like me screw up and need to start
over.  Faxrm didn't work at all at that point.

Thanks again.

Willis Gregory
tacedi@series2000.com

 >>I downloaded hylafax-4.1beta2.tar.gz and loaded it on a Dell running Red
Hat 6.0.  I'm using a MultiTech MT2834ZDXb modem.  I'm only using it to fax
outgoing  reports.
 >>After trying it successfully with a few outgoing faxes, I turned on the
flood gate and sent all of my outgoing faxes to the Hylafax server.  A
shell file runs sendfax on each file ftp'd to the received directory of the
Linux server.
 >>Now hylafax is totally backed up.  If I try to run sendfax manually, it
totally blocks and won't queue the fax.
 >>When I do "faxstat -s", I get a large list.   Many of the JID's appear
to duplicates to the same phone number.   The status line at the top says
"Modem ttyS0:  Waiting for modem to come ready.  Of the approx. 240 JID's
in the -s output, all but about 10 have a status of "Blocked by concurrent
job".  Ten have a blank status.
 >>How do I tell what the "current job" is so I can kill it?  Is there a
maximum number of outgoing faxes in the queue which prevents sendfax from
taking any new requests?
 >>The modem itself is not doing anything at the present time.  I rebooted
the system and turned the modem off, but the modem is still doing nothing.
 >>When I did "faxrm" on the first JID listed in "sendfax -s", it
blocked.  Finally broke out after nearly 30 minutes.  Is there a  way to
clean up the entire send queue?
 >>If I do "faxstat -d", it also shows a large list, with most of the JID's
"Blocked by concurrent job".  I thought -d showed completed jobs.  Why
would they be shown as completed if they were blocked?
 >>Help.
 >>Willis Gregory

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions