Big problem with sendfax

I downloaded hylafax-4.1beta2.tar.gz and loaded it on a Dell running Red
Hat 6.0.  I'm using a MultiTech MT2834ZDXb modem.  I'm only using it to fax
outgoing  reports.

After trying it successfully with a few outgoing faxes, I turned on the
flood gate and sent all of my outgoing faxes to the Hylafax server.  A
shell file runs sendfax on each file ftp'd to the received directory of the
Linux server.

Now hylafax is totally backed up.  If I try to run sendfax manually, it
totally blocks and won't queue the fax.

When I do "faxstat -s", I get a large list.   Many of the JID's appear to
duplicates to the same phone number.   The status line at the top says
"Modem ttyS0:  Waiting for modem to come ready.  Of the approx. 240 JID's
in the -s output, all but about 10 have a status of "Blocked by concurrent
job".  Ten have a blank status.

How do I tell what the "current job" is so I can kill it?  Is there a
maximum number of outgoing faxes in the queue which prevents sendfax from
taking any new requests?

The modem itself is not doing anything at the present time.  I rebooted the
system and turned the modem off, but the modem is still doing nothing.

When I did "faxrm" on the first JID listed in "sendfax -s", it
blocked.  Finally broke out after nearly 30 minutes.  Is there a  way to
clean up the entire send queue?

If I do "faxstat -d", it also shows a large list, with most of the JID's
"Blocked by concurrent job".  I thought -d showed completed jobs.  Why
would they be shown as completed if they were blocked?

Help.

Willis Gregory
tacedi@series2000.com

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions