Even More problems

Ok I got Hylafax installed compiled and working (sort of)
I ran the faxaddmodem program or whatever it's called and it finds my modem sets up all the right things. IT's on /dev/ttyS1 I run the faxsetup program it configures and says everything is ok.
So now when I run faxreceive ttyS1
Not the exact error, but what I can remember of it
open: no such device etc...
In a nutshell it is saying can't find device in location ttyS1
Is there something i am missing?
I get this message when I have to give the device like faxsend ttyS1
and other programs

Can someone please help?

Sincerely

Ken Holmes