Re: Hylafax, Digiboard and Sportsters - Oh my!

On Wed, Sep 08, 1999 at 11:22:25AM -0400, Ken McCord wrote:
> Recently installed Hylafax 4.0pl2 on our dial-in server equipped with a
> Digiboard PC/8e (Xe family) and four USR Sportster 28.8 external
> modems.  The dial-in server had been using the mgetty package to handle
> dial-in calls for several months with no problems.
>
> I'm now running into a problem using Hylafax with the Digiboard and
> Sportsters.  Everything seems to be configured OK, but incoming calls
> are not being answered (ie the modem does not pick up).  I configured
> Hylafax and mgetty to access a modem hanging off of com1 instead of the
> Digiboard, and this works with no problem.

You did disable mgetty in favor of faxgetty, right?

Note also that Sporty's are known to be flaky in fax mode.

You'd think USR might expend some effort on this, for all the dissing
they get here, but I guess not.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions