Re: answer phone immediately ?

> the connected phone rings once and then hylafax take the call and receive the fax. but the incoming-call led on my modem often gets
> activated before the telephone rings. is it possible to set hylefax to take the call as soon as it is detected.

This is an issue for your modem supplier; hylafax will answer as soon as the
modem sends the string RING.   I think most modems will send this at the
trailing edge of the first section of ringing current.

Note, the modem cannot detect an incoming call without ringing current present
on normal lines, if the phone doesn't ring immediately, this is something
to do with the design of the phone.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions