Re: Redhat 6 hfax RPM & split-device trick

In message <37AB8E17.73BB6A65@gbutler.com>, Alan Lehman writes:
>Does anyone have the Hylafax Redhat 6 RPM running successfully? It seems
>to install ok and detect my modem, but faxstat -v always says 'waiting
>for modem to come ready'. There is an item in the FAQ that mentions this
>error and says it results from using the 'split-device' trick. Does
>anyone know if stock RH6 uses this?

That's a red herring, ignore references to the split device trick.

You need to run faxaddmodem to configure a modem on /dev/ttySxx where xx is
the correct number for the COM port your modem is on. Then you need to run
faxgetty(8c) from inittab(5) on that port.

The goal here it for 'faxstat -v' to tell you "Running and idle"

-Darren

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions