Re: Mail to Fax

In message <199908301931.UAA15230@djwhome.demon.co.uk>, David Woolley writes:

>> I hadn't been using that: could you post a note about the typos?
>
>The sendmail shell script comments contain a "." in the CPfax line
>and have a dot missing after the token "fax" in the line that
>invokes the fax mailer; however people should just use the sendmai.mc
>macros, which, I believe, get it right.

One might consider, in such a case, grabbing the CVS to check if this bug
still exists, and submitting a patch to patches@hylafax.org. Then again, one
might not have the time, in which case thanks for mentioning this.

>> > has a responsibility to write additional documentation suitable for
>> > plug and play users.
>>
>> Hey! We're trying! Remember that this is freeware: finding extra time
>
>In an ideal world you would refuse to create the RPM until it was
>documented to the standards required by the 20 percentile Red Hat
>user, but I accept that if you didn't release it someone else, less
>able to support it, would do.

If you care to outline the "missing" documentation perhaps we can work towards
getting some of it drafted. Any volunteers for documenting the setup and
config of HylaFAX for the uninitiated? Anyone have such a "work in progress"?

>As to beta software:  if version 4.1 is stable enough to be used by
>plug and play users, it should be relabelled as released.  Otherwise
>every statement that it is the only solution for RH 6 ought to be
>accompanied by a reccomendation to fall back to RH 5.2 and a warning
>that the software is not considered stable.

Poppycock. That 4.1beta2 is solid on RedHat linux in no way qualifies it
as an overall release candidate. When it builds on all of the major UNIX
distributions and is confirmed solid then we release - not before.

-Darren

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions