other modems

I've just start trying to use Hylafax for a job where I
work. I've tried using faxaddmodem to no avail on the Acer
external modems that we sell. I know it works 'cause I can
talk with it in minicom, but when it goes to detect the
speeds at which it can talk to the modem the modem just
doesn't respond.

Is this 'cause its a non-supported modem, or maybe I'm
using the wrong dev (/dev/tttS0), or do I need to pass
faxaddmodem some more arguments (I never made it all the
way through that section of the Doc's)?

This is a simple PC running Slackware 4.0. Outside of this
they aren't any problems.

 --
Every man is as God made him, ay, and often worse.
		-- Miguel de Cervantes

-<[ Guilt ]>-
-<[ www.whamwhamwham.org ]>-
-<[ guilt@whamwhamwham.org ]>-