Re: Unspecified Transmitted Phas Error!!!

> 	I am using the latest version of hylafax under suse .1 . I  am
> trying to send fax through the USRobotics Sportster Voice 33.6 Faxmodem.

Please read the web page information on how to work round the broken
firmware in Sportster modems.

> When i try to send the fax, themodem can dial up for me and it is
> connected with the remote fax machine.However, i can't send the fax after
> the connection is made. There is a error message "Unspecified Transmitted
> Phas B error". Is this rlated to my setting of hylafax or the
> configuration of the modem?

It says Phase, not Phas and this doesn't represent a sort of error called
a "Phase error" but means an error during the specified phase in the
protocol, with phase B being the initial low speed parameter negotiation.
Except for the known problems with Sportsters, parameter negotiation errors
require that you provide the session log to see exactly how the parameter
negotiation went.  Providing the log is desirable in all cases, unless you
are providing a fully analysed report with fix.

I think the description of the error comes from the IEE specifications, but
it would probably be better if Hylafax paraphrased it as too many people
fail to understand what phase B (C or D) mean.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions