Can Faxmail start the message on the cover page?

As I understand it, when Faxmail processes a mail message
three steps occur in producing the output fax images: 1 the
cover page is populated  and output (if enabled)  2 the file
faxmail.ps is prepended to the  3 translate the message(s)
and attachments to postscript.

By modifying sendmail.cf rules (as per a recent threads on
this group) I have forwarding in the form of
<name>@<number>.FAX which works well :)  I have also created
a replacement cover page which turned out not to be too
difficult.

However, what I *really* want to do is to add a
text/graphics header to the first page of the message,
rather than have a cover sheet which wastes paper and
transmission time. Most emails are short, and would easily
fit on the lower half of a 'cover' page.

Experiments with modifying faxmail.ps have shown that it is
in principal possible - but the details are difficult to get
right. I am not a postscript guru.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Andy

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions