Re: Canon Fax machines

> Can someone please tell me what it is about Canon fax machines that makes them
> stand out as having a reputation for being troublesome when talking to modems
?
> (i.e. limiting the baud rate in the /var/spool/fax/etc/config file)
> Are there other issues with this make of fax that can cause problems ?

It isn't clear what exactly the problem is, but Canon fax machines do
not appear to like to talk to Multitech modems reliably at 14,400 with
2-D encoding.  It may be a Canon problem, or it may be a Multitech
problem.  Multitech is unable/unwilling to pursue this (I spent about
a week providing them with traces, etc).

Martin

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions