Re: /etc/cron.hourly

On Thu, Apr 22, 1999 at 03:30:31PM -0400, Ken N wrote:
> I keep getting emails from the faxserver that /etc/cron.hourly is not a
> directory. I am not sure what this means or what to do about it. I just
> started using hylafax on a redhat5.2 box with a supra 33.6 external modem,
> it works great except for that. I could not find out what that was doing
> on www.hylafax.com search.
>  could someone piont me in the right direction?

Sure.  That's a RedHat thing.  Check out 'man cron', 'man 5 crontab',
and /etc/crontab.  Check out /usr/bin/run-parts too, though there's no
man page for that.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions