Re: --> [5:ERROR]

> OS: 		Linux Redhat 5.2
> Hylafax:  	4.0 patch level 2 (Binary Distribution)

Whose RPM and which version of the RPM?

> I'm able to send fax thro' Hylafax sucessfully.  But for a particular
> destination, Hylafax is receiving a "[5:ERROR]" error at the end of the

5 is the number of letters in the word ERROR.  ERROR is the response from
the modem to illegal commands, but, for some modems, also for a retrain
negative response from the remote modem (the remote modem thinks the
line quality is poor and the received page is unuseable).

The latest RPM should include the tagline patch which fixes an error
in the fax transmission that some very fussy modems consider to make the
fax unuseable.

> transfer, and thus Hylafax retransmit another 2 times.  At the
> destination, the same document is being recieved for more than a copy.

How noisy are the copies?

> Apr 20 10:49:58.58: [ 4654]: REMOTE best rate 9600 bit/s
> Apr 20 10:50:06.22: [ 4654]: SEND begin page
> Apr 20 10:50:28.74: [ 4654]: SENT 32624 bytes of data

32624 bytes in 22.5 seconds is 1,450 bytes per second.

Absolute maximum rate at 9600 bps equals 1,200 bytes per second.

Buffering could explain the discrepancy, but it might be worth
checking the flow control.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions