FIFO: Device not configured.

All was well in the Land, I have been using Hylafax for almost two years.
Then on sendfax, I got this ...
460 Failed to submit job 234: Unable to open scheduler FIFO: Device not
configured.

Tried all sorts of minor things, then went the reinstall route.

We did install the new Linux kernel 2.2.1 on our RH 5.2 distribution, but
that did not interfere with the hylafax operation.

Hylafax version = hylafax-4.0pl2-3rh5.i386.rpm

oh dear ...

Can anyone help?

Thank you

--