Re: consultant wanted for install...

On Mon, Apr 12, 1999 at 06:45:17AM -0800, Andrew DePaula wrote:
> Greetings: I take it that USR modems don't work well with hylafax.
> But they are on the list of modems in the docs. What's the problem?

You mean: "why are they on the list if they don't work well"?

Because people _use_ them.  They're simply more problematical than
other brands like the MultiTech.  They're not impossible to use, if
you're stuck with one.  It's simply that if you're spending money,. you
want to spend some of it on your modem, and that is _not_ the modem you
want to spend it on.

Shame, too; I like the Couriers a _lot_ in every other way.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions