Odd Faxing failures...

Hylafax v4.0pl2 - Solaris 2.6 - GCC 2.8.1 - Practival P. modem

We are getting alot of failed faxes for no reason we can figure out.  Here
is whats happening:

We send alot of faxes all at once (~50) using sendfax like:

sendfax -d<number> file
sendfax -d<number> file

We end up with alot of files under doneq looking like:

tts:922903011
killtime:922903011
retrytime:0
state:7
npages:0
totpages:0
ntries:0
ndials:0
totdials:0
maxdials:12
tottries:0
maxtries:3
pagewidth:215
resolution:98
pagelength:279
priority:127
schedpri:127
minsp:0
desiredbr:5
desiredst:0
desiredec:1
desireddf:3
desiredtl:0
useccover:1
external:8,XXX-XXX-XXXX
number:8,XXX-XXX-XXXX
mailaddr:XXX@XXXXX
sender:XXX
jobid:7521
jobtag:
pagehandling:
modem:any
receiver:XXXX XXXXXX
company:
location:
cover:
client:localhost
owner:XXXXX
groupid:7521
signalrate:
dataformat:
jobtype:facsimile
tagline:
subaddr:
passwd:
doneop:default
commid:
status:
notify:none
pagechop:default
chopthreshold:3
postscript:0::docq/doc7521.cover
tiff:0::docq/doc15040.tif.7521

with nothing in the etc/xferlog or anything under log/* with that phone # or
job #.  The really odd thing is the start/kill time and tries count.
Sending using sendfax from the command line works okay.

I'm fully baffled and I'm not sure where to start looking for the problem.
Since there is no trace log under log/* I'm not sure if setting tracing to
full would help much...?  Has anyone seen this before?

Michael Eddington

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions