Still can't make HylaFAX make

Hi Darren and Robert.

Thanks very much for both your responses:

> From: "Mr. Arlington Hewes" <tpcadmin@info.tpc.int>
>
> Try this release:
>
>    ftp://ftp.hylafax.org/hylafax/source/BETA/hylafax-v4.0pl2-rjc6.tar.gz
>
> and let me know how you make out.
>
> -Darren

and ...

> From: robert a schmied <robert.schmied@lmco.com>
>
> ... but i think i had to make gmake before it would work. this was
> no problem. given the choice gmake is far far more reliable than
> make.
>
> i'd suggest that to you at this point. don't have handy a url
> for gmake but you likely can find it.
>
> ras

I have tried both these suggestions.  I even tried them together.
ie: I have installed the gnu verion of make (v3.77).  Looks very nice
by the way!  This was probably worth while doing for its own sake.
I have now tried the gnu make on both the original and rjc versions of
HylaFAX.  I have also tried the original Sun version of make on both
versions of HylaFAX.  Always completely removing the entire HylaFAX
distribution and re-installing it from scratch from the gzipped code.
I also always accept all the default settings within configure, with
the one exception of changing the paper size to A4.

Unfortunately I still get the same problem.  It always dies somewhere
in the Dispatcher.c++ section then stuffs up from there on in.  The gnu
version of make seems to try harder to carry on after the original fault
and gives a lot more output but it still fails.

I looked inside the configure script and found a comment about select
causing problems in Dispatcher - so I even tried turning the BUG switch
to always on (ie: changed both cases to yes).  This didn't help either.

Do you folk (or any one else who is reading this) have any more useful
suggestions?  Clearly something is wrong with my machine's setup or
the way I am going about this install, but I can't pick what it is.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions