Re: FW: Old modem list

Ken:

You use the 33.6 Supra.  what about this one:

                      Supra 56Kbps (V.90) External voice/data modem

As for the multitech 56k, it only does kflex (plus its 40 bucks more!)  I
want to have two lines both answering data and fax and since alot of
people have v.90 to connect kflex is not the way to go (unless im wrong,
which happens quitet frequently these days..)

I appreciate all the responses.  this portion of the faq should definitly
be updated!

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999, Ken Cornetet wrote:

> This may not be what you want, but in my opinion, internal modems just don't
> seem to work as well as external units. I suspect that modem manufacturers
> undergo considerable cost trimming measures on their internal units knowing
> that the end user will almost certainly be a wintel person who already has
> been beaten into expecting mediocre operational reliability.
>
> External modems, on the other hand, tend to be used in applications where
> the user has a much higher expectation level.
>
> Then again, maybe the inside of PCs are just full of bad karma...
>
> In any case, I use a Multitech 1432BA and a Supra FAX 288 (upgraded to 336
> via latest firmware patch). The pair of these send almost 2000 pages of
> faxes per week. They both work exceptionaly well. Almost zero problems. The
> Multitech does seem to lock up about once every couple of months. I've not
> tried to troubleshoot since it happens so infrequently.
>
> Two caveats:
> These are send only - I don't receive faxes with Hylafax.
> I am currently running version 3 of Hylafax.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions