Re: Problems receiving faxes (corrupt TIFF files?).

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

> This posting is a nominee in the category  "Best Bug Report to a
> Specialized Software Mailing List".

Thanks. :-)

> It contains all the important stuff:
>
> Class of modem (although not make and model):
> > The fax modem is a Class 2 (not 2.0) internal fax modem.

Well, I don't even know that info. :)

> Hmmm... Does it happen from _any_ fax machine, or just the one you were
> using as a test?

Any fax, I have logged at least half a dozen different sending machines.

> He even includes the equipment rundown, including OS release:

Perhaps I've been on the receiving end of too many support requests, so
I have at least a vague idea of the info you guys need to help work this
problem out. :)

> My first suggestion, Tony, is: if you haven't tried more than one
> sending fax machine, you should.  It would also be useful to know if

Done. :)

> the system _sends_ faxes correctly, even if you don't plan to do that
> in production.  And, finally, have you tried turning the port speed
> down, and trying various handshaking methods?

A couple of good ideas to try.  Now that you and someone else mention
port speed, that seems like a likely place to check.

Thanks for your time. :)

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions