Re: RetrainNegative problem - not in FAQ

It is my understanding that this is caused by some dud coding in the
taglines. Most fax machines ignore it - others do not and send back a
RetrainNegative.

There is a patch for it on http://www.elgro.demon.co.uk/patchlist.php
it is called 'tagline.patch'.

This is almost certainly on the Hylafax web site too, but I'm not sure
where.

Damian

Lukas Schroeder wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i'm using HylaFAX Version 4.0pl1
> and a "ROCKWELL AC/V34/V1.200-V34_DS" modem (as reported by FaxGetty)
> on port ttyS0. I've also tried a CREATIX SPEEDSTER, which had the same
> problem.
>
> One client, i regularly send faxes to, reports a RetrainNegative,
> after transmission, BUT _every_ page got sucessfully transmitted
> and is perfectly legibly on the other side.
> HylaFAX gives up after 3 tries - i have already set MaxDials to 1,
> because each page had been delivered 9 times, until HylaFAX would
> give up - Well, it still sends each page 3 times, although i
> set MaxTries to 1 as well in the HylaFAX etc/config - where MaxDials
> is too - I also tried setting these values in etc/config.ttyS0.
> But they have no effect whatsoever - well, thats what the man
> page tells me too ;) -
>
> I don't know where to look anymore. I'd even be happy, if i could make
> HylaFAX ignore the RetrainNegative.
>
> Thanx in advance,
> Lukas Schröder

* Damian Ivereigh     *      ||        ||      * Cisco Systems, Inc.
*
* MIS Printer Admin   *    .||||.    .||||.    * Sydney, Australia
*
* Linux Bigot         * ..:||||||:..:||||||:.. * +61 2 8448 7344
*
* damian@cisco.com    *   cisco Systems, Inc.  * Fax: +61 2 8448 7228
*

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions