FaxClient.h: Compile error, libfaxutil.a no rule

Has anyone successfully compiled Hylafax v4.0pxx unde Linux? I keep
getting
the following error messatge:

SendFaxJob.c++:496: no matching function for call to
`SendFaxClient::sendZData
(int &, unsigned char (FaxClient::)(fxStr &, fxStr &), fxStr &, fxStr
&)'
FaxClient.h:273: candidates are: FaxClient::sendZData(int, unsigned char

(FaxClient::*)(fxStr &, fxStr &), fxStr &, fxStr &)
make[3]: *** [SendFaxJob.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/hylafax-v4.0pl1/util'

and also loads of error messages for libfaxutil.a, such as:

make[3]: *** No rule to make target `../util/libfaxutil.a', needed by
`faxrm'.
Stop.

I have tried compiling different iterations of the v4.0pxx software (and
does
that take time do download and do!!!!), but to no avail.

If anyone knows whenther there is a probvlem with my environment, or
simply if
this software is broken, please let me know!

Thanks,
Brad

begin:vcard
n:Kieser;Bradley