Re: send to email as a tiff?

On Fri, Mar 12, 1999 at 12:13:32AM -0500, Matt Kaminer wrote:
> Can someone tell me how to send the tiff image instead of the postscript
> file to an email address?
>
> I want to have one person receive the faxes and distribute them.  I
> figured it would be easier to have tiff images emailed so they can view
> the file on the desktop.  Im not sure how to view a postscript file!

Conceptually, what you're trying to do is to generate a MIME compliant
RFC822 message with the TIFF file as an attachment.  I'm pretty sure
I've seen commentary on this having been done already, but I don't
recall where.  Check the archive<tm>

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions