Re: ...exit status 0xb

> --------------A19D4E3F6E8A6ECC73F887EF
>
> Hello,
>
> I=B4m using Hylfax 4.0pl2-37 on SuSE-Linux 6.0 with Kernel 2.2.0 on a
                           ^^^
Please consult the builder of this binary version.  There are no hyphen
suffixes on the official source version.  Only the builder knows what
changes and patches have been applied.

> To solve this problem, I=B4ve already tried the following things:
                          ^^^  apostrophe is plain ASCII.

> - backgrading to Kernel 2.0.36
> - changing between the two serial ports.
> - checking the correct link of /dev/modem to /dev/ttyS00 or /dev/ttyS01

Using /dev/modem will almost certainly cause file locking problems,
unless all other applications use it for locking purposes - Slackware
uses the individual port names for locking.  In my view, you should delete
/dev/modem and rebuild any programs that fail as a result.

> - using the ZyXEL-Modem as Class 2-modem
>
> Nothing has changed the situation. The archive of the mailing-list tells
> me, that "0xb" means an hardware-error, detected by the kernel. But the

That would depend on context.  0xb, on Linux, is Segmentation Violation,
or, in Microsoft/Intel speak, General Protection Fault.

Firstly make sure that your postscript imager is properly installed and
working and if that fails, please use gdb on the core file that should
have been produced (you may need to modify ulimit and it may be subject
to file protection considerations) to get at least a stack backtrace,
and the failing instruction.

NB If there is a bug in Hylafax, you will need to rebuild from source.
If you are not able to do that, you should take this problem up with
your supplier and let them report to the list, as necessary.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions