Re: about faxstate and faxrm

On Tue, 02 Mar 1999 02:41:05 +0000, hai scritto:

>>HylaFAX4.0pl1, linux2.0.33.
>>Send-only, no faxgetty.
>You need to upgrade, and run faxgetty.
Why? I don't want to upgrade just to have the latest version.
I have many customers who have this version installed and I can't upgrade all of them.

>>I use:
>>faxstate -s busy -n ttyS0
>>to keep HylaFAX from sending queued faxes.
>
>With no faxgetty? *bzzzzt* From faxstate(8c):
>
>DESCRIPTION
>       faxstate  sends a message to the HylaFAX faxgetty(8C) pro-
>      cess servicing modem telling it to use the specified state
>       when notifying the HylaFAX scheduler that a modem is ready
>      and available for use.  This  is  useful  for  controlling
>       outbound  use  of  a  modem; by marking a modem's state as
>       busy or down the HylaFAX scheduler  will  not  assign  any
>       outbound jobs to the modem.

... Why don't you continue?  :-))

>From faxstate(8c):
       If the -n option, faxstate emulates  what  faxgetty  would
       do; sending a message directly to the faxq process marking
       the specified modem down, busy, or ready.  This  interface
       is  useful  for  send-only  environments in which faxgetty
       processes are not used.  Note that modems  manipulated  in
       this  way  must  previously  have been configured with the
       faxmodem(8C) program.

I have one more problem now, so that the questions about faxstate are 2:
1) How do I poll the state of the modem after having issued faxstate.
2) If I issue "faxstate -s busy" when there are no faxes in the spool, the next faxes are
blocked; if I issue "faxstate -s busy" when there are faxes in the spool, faxq finishes to
send all those faxes before marking the modem as busy.

Thanks.
Ciao.

--
Giulio