Re: hylafax server/modem problem

Oliver Carl wrote:

> Hello list
>
> I try set up Hylafax as a small company fax server. Sending is O.K.,
> recieving won't work. If you can - please give it a try. I am trying to
> proove, that OpenSource is the better choice...
>
> I put together a HTML document with extensive information
>  http://www.hico.ch/hyla.php ) - the following is a shortend version.
[..]

> I think (?) I had to put "ModemRate" to 19200 when using XON/XOFF. I now use
> RTSCTS successfully sending with 38400 - there is no change in recv'ing. I
> went back to 19200 now, because I think it works better.
[..]
> Jan 21 19:58:32.13: [  193]: RECV: begin page
> Jan 21 19:58:32.13: [  193]: MODEM set XON/XOFF/FLUSH: input ignored, output
> generated
> Jan 21 19:58:32.13: [  193]: RECV: send trigger 021
> Jan 21 19:58:32.13: [  193]: <-- data [1]
> Jan 21 19:58:48.06: [  193]: RECV: 1257 total lines, 997 bad lines, 191
> consecutive bad lines
> Jan 21 19:58:48.06: [  193]: MODEM set XON/XOFF/DRAIN: input interpreted,

Hi,

it looks like you have problems with your handshake settings, which may
cause a serial line overrun. I would recommend to use RTS/CTS as
handshake
protocol. Check your modem cabel that it connects all the needed pins.
Also check if the ModemSetup commands below are really correct for your
modem.

> ModemFlowControl:       RTSCTS          # XON/XOFF flow control assumed
> ModemSetupDTRCmd:       AT&D2           # setup so DTR drop resets modem
> ModemSetupDCDCmd:       AT&C1           # setup so DCD reflects carrier (or
> not)

> ModemResetCmds:         ""              # stuff to do when modem is reset

You should set the ModemResetCmds to "ATZ", so that the modem will be
reset correctly

> ModemAnswerCmd:         ATA             # use this to answer phone
> ModemNoFlowCmd:         AT&K            # disable flow control cmd
> ModemHardFlowCmd:       AT&K3           # hardware flow control cmd
> ModemSoftFlowCmd:       AT&K4           # software flow control cmd
> ModemNoAutoAnswerCmd:   ATS0=0          # disable auto-answer
[..]
> #
> Class2RecvDataTrigger:  ""              # character sent to modem to start
> recv
> Class2XmitWaitForXON:   yes             # if true, wait for XON before send

I think, you shouldn't use Class2XmitWaitForXON here.

Uli
--
Ulrich Eckhardt                         Tr@nscom GbR
http://people.frankfurt.netsurf.de/uli  http://www.transcom.de