Re: transmitting only half of first page (but three times)

Harald Lux wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I set up Hylafax (on Suse 6.0, i486, 8MB RAM, 125MB HD) as Fax-
> Server for a small Win95 LAN. The first small texts I send arrived
> fine. But when I tried to send larger files only half of the first page
> arrives (but tree times). As client an Win95 I tried whfc and
> Susefax. Exactly same printout. I forwarded the ps-file generated by
> Susefax from Win95 to my Linux Pc at home and it contains all
> pages.
>
> Any hints?
>
> Maybe not enough space on the HD of the Faxserver? After
> installing Suse 6.0 (configuration: Minimal System) and adding
> Hylafax, there is only 6MB space left.
>
> TIA and greetings from Bonn
> Harald
>
> --
> Harald Lux                      lux@lux.de
> Sandkaule 5-7                   Tel.: +49 228 692325
> D-53111 Bonn                    http://www.lux.de/

Sounds like a comms error... there are some log files which help
decipher these kinds of errors... my first guess would be to try
xon/xoff and second guess is to reduce the xmit baud rate to 19k2

--

Keith

http://members.ocean.com.au/kapgray/

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions