Re: Posting to web

>     Is there anyway to take a fax file that has been printed to another
> file in Postscript and copy and past onto a web site? I can do that with
> no problem with .aw files. Is there a way to convert .ps to .aw?

As I've never heard of .aw, I would think that putting the .ps file directly
on the web would be better, especially as most, if not all, web servers
already have an entry for application/postscript.

On the other hand, few people have ghostscript on their PCs, so using the
original TIFF files might be better, as, providing they are forced to
G3 1D format (use tiffcp, or copy quality checking) NT 4 and Win 95 should
be able to handle them directly.

For support on any GUI browser at all, you could convert them to GIF, although
the patents on LZW mean that you may have to use a roundabout route to get
there (TIFF -> PS -> PBM -> GIF should work, but there may be a more direct
route).  Make sure that you use 1 bit GIFs.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions