Recomended modem for reliable FAX/High speed data service.

Greetings,

          I am trying to set up a fax server for our company but I would like
to provide PPP connections over the same lines. I need to know what modems have
been tested to work reliably as FAX modems and also be reliable in
autodetecting and handling data connections at high speed (33k at least). I
have been burned already with a set of USR Sportsmodems and would like to
avoid the mistake. Has anybody set up such a service (faxgetty + mgetty)?

                    Thanks.

                      Victor Sanchez
                       Promed S.A.
                      Panama