Re: Hylyfax and ISDN4Linux (AVM B1)

> i want to use my AVM B1 aktive ISDN-Controller whith Hylafax.
> Must Hylafax be patched to do this?

If the ISDN TA implements one of the EIA fax modem classes and emulates
ATD commands and looks like a terminal to programs, it will probably
work.

If you want to send raw Group 4 fax in the data channel, or to run a software
modem to make a digital speech channel look like a modem, I think you
have a major project on your hands (particularly for the last case).

There is no explicit support.  Whether its even worth thinking about depends
on whether the TA goes most of the way and pretends to be a fax modem.

Note that, in the UK at least, there is little point in using G4 fax, as
very few people are able to receive it, and most of the technology aware
people would ask for an email attachment instead.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions