Re: problems accessing the hylafax server

On 30 Dec, George Anderson Jr wrote:
> I have read the FAQ, and have made changes within the
> /var/spool/fax/etc/hosts file
> copying the format from the FAQ exactly. if someone could send me a copy of
> a working hosts file for their users I would be most appreciative.
>
> I am trying to access from an NT workstation, have tried both ; logging in
> using telnet then the user and the pass commands and bye using the whfc
> program.
>
> again any assistance you might offer would be appreciated.

Many people have asked about this.  My example is built right from the
hosts manpage (man 5 hosts on linux) first line in the EXAMPLE section

This works for me.  The crypted passwords were taken right from
a .htaccess (web server) - standard unix crypt.  the localhost and
workstation give me access from the server and my workstation. Forms is
common user for the office (with an admin passwd some team leaders have
access to). aidan is me.  I know it's not all that secure, but that's
what firewalls are for.

I make no promises.  It works for me, and probably no-one else ;-).

a.

127.0.0.1
workstation.domain.com
# This is for Office use: