1. USR modem problem 2. Re: Just another faxsetup

Dear Mr. Hoeger,

this is a very good approach to a long-lasting "inconvenience".
However, even with this new setup program a could not resolve
a problem with my brand-new "3Com 56k Voice Faxmodem".

While everything appears to be ok for connections to other
faxmodems of various types, there's a snag with conventional
fax machines. Most of the data is transferred as required.
However, the final handshake fails:

"No response to EOP repeated 3 times"

The faxmodem is Class 2.0. What can I do to overcome this problem?

Any hints will be most welcome! Thanks in advance!

	Peter Bär

On Tue, Dec 22, 1998 at 10:26:28AM +0100, Carsten Hoeger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we are about to write a faxsetup with a graphical user interface.
> The GUI is in tcl/tk and the base-program in perl.
>
> This software uses ready-to-run modem configurations from
> modems we use and know.
>
> I attached the current version to this mail.
> Feel free to test it.
>
> Future versions will go to ftp.suse.com.
>
> Please send us your modem-configuration, if your modem
> is not in the list of -currently 3- modems.
>
> --
> mfG,
> 	Carsten Hoeger

> | Carsten Hoeger                   SuSE GmbH                |
> | choeger@suse.de                  Schanzaeckerstr. 10      |
> | http://www.suse.de               90443 Nuernberg, Germany |

	  The manual said the software required Windows 95
	  	   or better, so I installed Linux.