sendpage DATA problem with SUN Sparc binary distribution

Hi, I'm new to the list but having problems running sendpage with data
piped to the command.  Running 'sendpage -p user this is a test' works
fine as this seems to use the single line message mode of the SNPP.
Telnetting to the hfaxd daemon shows that the problem is with the DATA
command not recognising a single '.' on it's own line.

The software release is 'hylafax-sparc-sunos5_5-v4_0pl1-pkg' running
under Solaris 2.5.1.  I have SUN's ANSI C compiler installed but have no
support for C++ compilation and I'm not in a position to install the gnu
stuff.  If anyone has an answer/fix for this, please let me know.

Thanks,
Steve

--
Steve Rooke - SRooke@chhlth.govt.nz