Re: libfaxutil.a

"George Anderson Jr" <geoande@cape.com> writes:

> trying to install hylafax, sendpage cannot be created due to "no rule to
> make target   ../util/libfaxutil.a , needed by sendpage .
>
> i would've thought this would've been created during the install proceess
> since it seemed to go smoothly with no errors, but the sendpage was not
> created.

We got similar errors with the same software but under RH5.1.  The error
message is cause by one of the fiels in the util directory failing to
compile and hence the libfaxutil.a library is not created. I can't
remember exactly what the fix is (It's something to do with gcc/egcs not
doing something it should if I remember correctly ...)   It is fixable
by playing with the source.  I'd suggest redirecting the output of make
into a file and checking very carefully for errors.

I was doing object-oriented assembly at 1 year old ...
For some reason my mom insists on calling it "Playing with blocks"

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions