Re: Modem choices - suggestions please

Hi,

I am now using ZyXEL U336RE rackmount modems with HylaFAX and also used
ZyXEL 1496E standalone modems. I also tried some Rockwell based modems
(both rackmount and standalone). They all works fine with HylaFAX (I am
running HylaFAX under AIX). But I am using them in Asia and have no idea
will there be any problems when used in US or Europe.

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998, Jason Venner wrote:

> I am looking for modems that I can rackmount and or use standalone,
> that work well with hylafax.
> I have seen enough people have trouble with the USR modems that I am
> reluctant to buy them.
>
> The other caveat is that I would like the modems to be able to be run
> from inside the US or in europe.
>
> Anyone have any recommendations for or against for such?

K.S.Wat SSA(D)12
Computer Division,
Hong Kong Observatory.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions