Re: New Multitech modem-blank faxes

Thanks to those who helped solve the problem of the
new multitech multimodem (MT5634ZBA).  Here is a summary of the
salient facts for the group.

msw wrote:
> The modem (Multitech MT5634ZZBA) appears to work fine, receives faxes without
> any error indications (even in the .../spool/log c000.... files --
> detail of which was included in my previous posting --
> BUT all the received fax pages (from a variety of fax machines
> in various locations) are BLANK.

Multitech was not good about calling back or following up so that
without the help of this group, I wouldn't have solved the problem.
(They were good about supplying a free eprom upgrade for an older
MT1432BA modem).  Multitech said that the modem was rated as a
Class 2 and felt that MSB/LSB reversal was an issue.  They gave
another fix for defining that in the modem setup
which I applied as follows:
ModemSetupAACmd:        AT+FAA=1+FRBOR=0
They said to try botth +FRBOR=0 and +FRBOR=1.
However, neither worked to solve the problem.

I received a reply from ras also pointing to an MGS/LSB reversal issue.

However, the most useful response which solved the issue was:

Martin Renters <martin@datafax.com> wrote:
>I had the same problem. Try adding the lines:
>
>ModemSendFillOrder:     LSB2MSB
>ModemRecvFillOrder:     MSB2LSB         # opposite of earlier models
>
>to the end of your config.tty* file.  I found this worked on some MT5634ZDX
>modems (which did class 2 even though customer support said they didn't).

Thanks to the group, esp Martin.

Michael S. Weiner (Doc)            msw@cluedin.com
Austin, TX  78734  USA             voice: 512-266-1188

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions