patch to allow an "administrator" to remove other peoples faxes?

Folks,

Do we know if this patch exists?

-Darren

>From: Steve Williams <steve@genie96.com>
>Subject: Re: TPC-OPER: Re: faxrm
>To: jmdault@netrevolution.com (Jean-Michel Dault)
>Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 14:22:40 -0700 (MST)
>Sender: owner-tpc-oper@info.tpc.int

> > The answer to Jean-Michel Dault's question is to setup an administrative user
> > - this may be overkill for you.
>
> Indeed it's overkill...
>
> I created an administrative account in my "hosts" file. I supplied an
> encrypted password. I connected to the hfaxd deamon on port 4459 with
> telnet.
>
> I can delete faxes this way, by typing ADMIN xxxx, and supplying the right
> commands.
>
> However, I didn't find any option in faxrm for an administrative user.

There are patches to the HylaFAX Software ( I can never remember where
to upper case that word <g> ) that permit a command line argument to
faxrm to allow an "administrator" to remove other peoples faxes.

I am not sure what the status of Patch Level 3 is, but I am pretty sure
that if people are really interested, the HylaFAX mailing list archive
( if there is one ) will have the patches ( www.hylafax.org ).

I remember the patches being submitted, but I did not save them myself.

--
	Steve Williams, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
	Genie Computer Systems Inc.

"A man doesn't begin to attain wisdom until he recognizes that he is
 no longer indispensable."
- Admiral Richard E. Byrd ( 1888-1957 )