Need a point in the right direction

Hi,

I've finally installed version 4.0pl2 on an AIX 4.2.1 box after installing
the gcc 2.8.0 patches. I've
run faxsetup and all seems fine. I have a USRobotics 28.8 Sportster modem on
tty2 and I can
tip to it and it looks fine. I ran faxmodem tty2 and that seemed happy. BUT
the queued faxes are
not actually being turned into TIFFs and send out via the modem. They are
just queue in the docq
directory as  doc1.ps.1, doc2.ps.2, and so on.

I had to change the TCP/IP port number from 4557 and 4559 to 4321 and 4322
respectively
since our Oracle database has processes connecting to those ports. I changed
the faxrcvd
file in /var/spool/fax/bin to set PORT=4322 and ran the fax daemon as:

     hfaxd -i 4322 -o 4321 -s 444

and started the faxq daemon. The output in the daemon.debug syslog file
seems to show both
programs were happy with this.

I then sent the test faxes with the command:

    sendfax -n -d 1234567 /tmp/test.txt

I can see the jobs queued with the faxstat -s command but that is where
everything just sits. It
seems like the faxq program is failing somewhere along the line and not able
to convert the files
to TIFFs and start the faxsend program. But there are no real error messages
showing up in the
syslog files nor in the log directory. I have the tiff software installed
and ghostscript is installed.

I'm wondering how one goes about figuring out just where the problem is? Can
someone point
me in the right direction and narrow down what aspects of the software I
should look at?

Regards,

dan

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions