Re: RTN Problem

Robert Colquhoun wrote:

> Hi Ulrich,
>
> I have posted this patch ,along with the sysV init one of a couple of weeks
> ago to:
>         http://www.trump.net.au/~rjc/hylafax/

Hi,

thanks, there is the patch i searched for.

> This is my list for handling negative-retrains from selected receiving
> locations(ie you are getting them from some locations, *not* everywhere you
> send):
> 1) Apply the tagline patch as currently there is a coding error in the
> facsimiles sent by hylafax giving a legitimate reason for the receiving fax
> to ask for the page again.

I have done it yesterday, but have run faxcron but forgot to redirect
the output
to a file 8-( so i don't know if it helps.

> 2) Apply the speed reduce patch, just in case it is line noise causing the
> bad transmission

I have done it now. Seems that it helped, but i have to wait untill
tomorrow,
when i get the nightly statistics.

> 3) If sending a 2D encoded doc, try a 1D document, some faxes have
> difficulty with 2D encoding

I had tested this earlier, but sending only with 1D increases
the failure rate here. But we have many faxes to stations with
very bad lines, so the better compression of 2D encoding may help
here a lot.

Uli
--
Ulrich Eckhardt                         Tr@nscom GbR