Re: SysV configuration patch

> **THIS** is new to me, at least. This takes re-writing of the
> "hylafax.in" script source. Is HP married to the "start_msg" rather
> than the "start" flag?

The start_msg and stop_msg flags are used as user-friendly labels
when the system starts up.  It executes all the start_msg commands
produces a list on the screen and then goes through that list one
line at a time and tells you whether it was executed OK, had errors
or was not applicable.

> > p.s. hylafax runs as a client only on my HPs because their serial ports
> > suck too.
>
> Ahh. So can we pitch HP as a server altogether? Or should we try to include
> that?

This is wrong.  HPs work fine as servers.  Try setting them up to use
hardware flow control if you're having problems and remember that some of
the HP server class machines need HP serial cables (or custom cables with
HP's non-standard pinouts - look on their support web site for more
info)

Martin

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions