HELP: My hylafax won't send

Hello all,

I desperately need some advice on the following problem.

I'm running HylafaxV4.0pl1 with US Robotics 56K fax modem connected to a
DGII PortServer 8 terminal
server.  Everythin worked fine through the terminal server with the 56 K
fax modem when it was
installed it on a Sparc 5 machine running Solaris 2.6.  Yesterday, after
all the testing,
I moved the fax modem and the terminal server and connected them to a
production unit Netra
unning Solaris 2.6.  Fax can be received, however I CAN'T send anything
out.  It keeps complaining that
line is busy.  The only difference I can tell is that the phone system
where the production unit locates is
on PABX whereas the test I've done in the lab has all the normal phone
lines i.e. in the production building,
I need to dial 9 in order to gain access to phone lines whereas I don't
need to do the same thing in the test lab.

The next thing I tried is to hylafax totally out of the picture first in
order to isolate the problem.  I stopped the hylafax
processes and perform "tip /dev/term/a003" into the modem (that's the new
device ID after terminal server is
installed).  When I issued the modem command : ATDT15552262299.  The modem
also returned me that the
line is BUSY, which it shouldn't be.

What might be the problem?  Am I supposed to issue a delay after dialing 9.
I know it's not even the problem
with hylafax since hylafax was not enabled and still I got the same error.
I guess it's more modem related.
Please excuse me 'cause I don't know a lot about modem commands.  What
should I try?

I believe in this case, the terminal server shouldn't cause any problem
since it used to be working with the same
settings.  The only difference here, as far as I can tell, is the
difference in phone system.

Please, please any insight on the problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your attention and patience.

Sandie

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions